Wednesday 4 September 2013

PREVIEW: RIVER ISLAND A/W 2013 COLLECTION

 River Island have revealed a few items from their AW13 Collection which will be appearing in stores shortly. Personally, I wasn't too keen on many of the things coming up, either because they're far too 'over the top' for me or they just wouldn't suit me at all! But these were a few of the items coming up which caught my eye. The range seems to include lots of lovely patterned items, bright & bold coloured tote bags and metallics. The range will definitely bring a lot of colour (and originality) into your autumn/winter wardrobe!

I love these studded, heeled brogues in a lovely metallic bronze colour. They're different to any other shoes I've seen before (mainly because of the amazing colour!) and can without a doubt be dressed up or down. Being super short at 5"4 they are also the perfect height for me as I can't walk in high heels at all. I'm not sure how much these will be but hopefully they won't be too expensive so I can own these beauties for myself!
The jumper also caught my eye massively, with different contrasting embroidered prints and the metallic detailing on the shoulders you would think it would all clash terribly. But in fact, it just all seems to work so well together and has a very vintage-esque look. And who doesn't love a patterned winter knit?!


Featuring many thick, cosy & snuggly winter coats, this is the one I am lusting for the most The deep berry red colour is such a classic autumn/winter colour and it compliments my tanned skin tone so nicely. Although, I reckon it will be a little on the pricey side so I may have a gander for a cheaper alternative.

Oh, how I love this bag. It's so bold and bright and would definitely make you stand out from the crowd if you're carrying this around in the winter!

And last but not least, back again with the gorgeous prints on this lovely dress. The pale pink colour is quite summery for an autumn/winter dress but that's why I like it. You could fool your summer blues away by wearing this dress with a thick knitted jumper and the collar poking out. You can still feel a little bit summery in the cold winter months!

You can have a look at the other items hitting River Island stores soon HERE

I think this new upcoming collection is definitely proof that a winter wardrobe doesn't have to be all doom and gloom... what do you guys think?

Love love,


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aren't they just! Praying they're not going to be too expensive when they hit the stores. xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!

      I have followed your blog with GFC :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!xx

    http://stitchesofstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!
    I will check out your blog now :)
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely picks - I love River Islands autumn/winter clothes!
    lovely blog :)
    Becky xx

    beckylovesbeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)
      I'm so excited for the transition from summer to autumn/winter in so many shops :D

      Alice xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...