Monday 2 September 2013

SLEEK FACE CONTOUR KIT AND BLUSHER REVIEW


Hello everyone! Just over a week ago, me and my boyfriend went to Milton Keynes to do a little bit of shopping! When I saw that the superdrug there sold Sleek products, I knew I had to buy a few bits as I've heard so much about them within the beauty sphere. I knew their blushers are super raved about - seemingly by everyone - so I picked up the shade 'Flushed' for only £4.49! 


The first thing that stood out to me with this blush was how pigmented the colour looks! The shade is a deep berry shade with a little bit of shimmer (which doesn't show once applied), and it's beautiful. Others may shy away from how deeply pigmented it looks but you shouldn't - it gives such a lovely, natural, rosy-cheeked look. The best thing is, as it is so pigmented you only need a little bit on your brush (don't be too heavy handed, especially with lighter skin tones), so you know it's going to last you a while! 

It also has such a silky, smooth formation and compared to my Natural Collection Blusher it's so soft to touch. I also found that it's super easy to blend, so you're not going to look like a clown with little red circles on your cheeks!! 

I have used this blush every day for the past week and I am so utterly in love with it, it lasts all day despite the fact that I don't use a primer. It also has no scent to it so you won't be getting a whiff of a strange smell throughout your day. It's just wonderful!

Finally, for £4.49, who can go wrong?! With such chic packaging it looks like it would be much more expensive than this.


I also bought the much raved about Sleek Face Contour Kit in the shade 'Medium' for £6.49 as my skin is fairly tanned/olive toned. The Face Contour Kit consists of a bronzer and a highlighter, with a nice sized mirror in the (very SLEEK) packaging, which is brilliant for travelling!

The product comes with two sides, a larger side with the bronzing/sculpting powder, whilst the smaller side is a lovely highlighting powder. The only problem I found with the highlighter is that it doesn't seem to show up very much on my skin tone, but it's still lovely to use as it does add a little more brightness to my face.

The texture is certainly great and easy to work with. It is easily blend-able and as it isn't too powdery, it is easy to get the right amount on the brush without getting too much on the brush and turning yourself into an oompa loompa...


It is not really a bronzer you would use all over your face for a bronzing effect, it is definitely more suited as a contour. The colour of the contour isn't orange at all either, and suits my tanned/olive skin perfectly. You do have to make sure that you don't pile on too much though, a streak of brown across your face is not a good look... 


Here I swatched the blush and the contour quite heavily to really show just how pigmented they are! My camera just wouldn't pick up the colour of the highlighter so I gave up with that. As you can see, the blush can come out very heavy so you've got to be careful with it.

Let me know if you own either of these products and what you think of them :) 

I also have another sleek product I will be doing a separate review on fairly soon!

Hope you liked this post and don't forget to follow me with GFC and on bloglovin' :)

Love love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...