Friday 16 August 2013

MINI BOOTS HAUL: MAYBELLINE 3 FOR 2

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd just do a little post about a few makeup items I bought in Boots recently as I had a little bit of money to spend. About a week ago I went to have a look in my local Boots store hoping to pick up a few more make up bits and I noticed Maybelline products were on a 3 for 2 offer and I just couldn't miss the opportunity! I managed to pick up all of these items for about £8 altogether - bargain! I'd get yourself down to a Boots store pronto before you miss out!!


I'd heard many other beauty guru's raving abut the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow so my first choice was to follow the crowd and pick one up in the shade 'On and On Bronze'. It is supposedly a dupe for MAC's Paint Pot which I don't own, so I'm not sure how true of a dupe this is. My previous experiences with cream eyeshadows hadn't been too great, they would always crease like anything and the colour never lasted a whole day. But this cream eyeshadow is a complete dream! It goes on smoothly just by using your finger, is very pigmented and doesn't crease in the slightest. I was extremely impressed with it too, as it's claim of being '24HR' is a rather big claim to make, but it does actually stay on for the whole day!


This swatch doesn't really compliment quite how pigmented it is, but the shade 'On and On Bronze' is a gorgeous shimmery bronze colour and that is exactly why it caught my eye. It retails at £4.99 which isn't bad at all as a little goes a long way! I have also found it is great to wear if time isn't on your side as it doesn't take a lot to make it look good! I will 110% be picking a couple more of these up, the shades 'Eternal Pink' and 'Permanent Taupe' really catch my eye.




Finally I decided to pick up two of the Maybelline Color Show nail varnishes. I already have a few of these and they have to be some of my favourite nail varnishes I own. With just one coat you get a bold, solid colour and they don't seem to chip anywhere near as quickly as other nail varnishes I own! I got these in the shade 'Orange Attack' which is a lovely bright, deep orange/red colour, and 'Brick Shimmer' which is a lovely rose gold/bronze colour. Individually these would be £2.99 each so they're certainly worth a go :)

I would love to know what you think of these products if you have tried them before and if you have any products to recommend to me let me know :)

Don't forget to follow me on GFC and bloglovin'!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ! Enjoyed your haul!
    would love to have us follow each other :)
    ♥Stacey Nguyen

    www.trendyoutings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I've followed you with GFC, lovely blog :)
      Alice xxx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...